District Sales Manager - Southwest WI/Northeast IA
Grow with Confidence, Grow with Us
ProAg has an exciting opportunity for a District Sales Manager role to join our team. Bring your passion for agriculture, for providing outstanding customer service, and your competitive spirit that will drive profitability in the assigned area to help serve our farmers, agents, and re-insurers.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, you will be responsible for meeting and/or exceeding sales goals for both existing and new business within the assigned territory. You will manage strategic relationships with producers and act as the main point of contact for agent questions or concerns, training, and education.
For this position, the idea candidate would be located in Southwestern Wisconsin or Northeastern Iowa. This position is a remote position. You will be required to travel outside your normal work location, travel is 50% of time or more.
In This Exciting Opportunity You Will:
- Generates business opportunities with new agents through a variety of means including cold calling, networking, attending industry conferences, social events, and other business development activities. Accomplished through outside sales and marketing to prospective agents within assigned region.
- Develop and maintain database of current and prospective agents for assigned region utilizing company CRM tool.
- Gain and maintain clear understanding of the crop insurance business and ProAg’s Standard Reinsurance Agreement (SRA).
- Monitor competitor and industry trends to identify marketplace characteristics.
- Work with internal resources as necessary to prepare for and deliver necessary training or educational events in conjunction with Regional Training Staff.
- Promote ProAg’s business strategies including implementation, support, and training of ProAg systems.
What You’ll Bring:
- Two years of sales experience, crop insurance or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment.
- Must be an exceptional communicator, both written and verbal, with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently.
What We Believe In:
- Ensures Accountability. Take personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges.
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seek out and communicate with key stakeholders in all situations.
- Resourcefulness. Determine how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done.
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness.
- Instill Trust. Make intentions clear and meet shared challenges together, showing respect for the relationship and the team.
Who We Are:
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. We’re known for our quick response and fast, accurate claims settlement. We understand how important this is because many of us are farmers and ranchers ourselves. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.