Job Experience: 1-3 years of relevant and progressive professional experience
Education: Associate Degree in Accounting
Position Summary: The Accounting Assistant is required to support the Finance Department in all aspects of Accounts Receivable processing by recording incoming client revenue received for claims and fee related services On Call provided. The Accounting Assistant follows up on past due A/R invoices, reconciles various registers to the General Ledger, processes month end journal entries, creates customer invoices, and provides research, reporting and analysis services to internal and external customers relating to any Accounts Receivable inquiries.
- Enter accounts receivable fee invoices into company systems
- Process incoming cash receipts
- Follow up on past due A/R invoices
- Cash application of daily incoming deposits
- Record monthly revenue into company systems
- Process month end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with various registers
- Extract general ledger information for use in analysis and ad hoc reporting
- Initiate and process US and international wire transfers and A/R customer statements
- Assist in the research and response to both internal and external customer inquiries and assist in resolving issues and discrepancies.
- Provide ad hoc information as requested to support current work and special projects.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as copying, filing, scanning, processing correspondence, and operating departmental office equipment as required.
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to research and problem-solve
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Teams)
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.