Head of Sales and Business Development
Grow with Confidence, Grow with Us
ProAg is seeking a motivated and driven sales professional for our Head of Sales and Business Development role. This position is eligible for a hybrid and/or remote arrangement.
We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for agriculture, a passion for providing outstanding leadership and builder of teams as well as a competitive spirit that will drive profitability to meet company objectives. This person will establish and meet/exceed sales and profitability targets to meet company objectives. The successful candidate will also develop and drive strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization.
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. We’re known for our quick response and fast, accurate claims settlements. We understand how important this is because many of us are farmers and ranchers ourselves. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
This position is responsible for retaining existing business as well as growing new business.
Overall responsible for obtainment of sales and profitability goals for all of ProAg's Sales Regions.
Direct the development, execution, and adjustments of the annual Sales Plan to meet ProAg's goals and objectives
- Directs the overall execution of strategies to grow sales through existing agents (increasing retention and growing our book in the agency) and through new business gained from the identification and recruitment of new agents
- Leading performance of sales team by setting clear expectations, assisting them in setting regional sales goals, providing support, accountability and coaching as needed.
- Lead change and innovation within the Sales organization
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationship between departments and effectively communicate issues that might impact agent and policy holder experiences
The ideal candidate for the Head of Sales and Business Development position will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of sales and business development.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- 8 years of sales experience, crop insurance, agriculture, or related experience is preferred
- 3 years of leadership, specifically leading high-performing teams
- Communications - Must be an exceptional communicator, with an emphasis on clarity, tact, and diplomacy.
- Required to travel outside normal work location is up to 50 percent
- For the ideal candidate to be successful -
- Must have the ability to work independently, focusing on achieving organizational goals and tasks with drive and energy to succeed.
- The ability to build trust and relationships with key constituencies is essential.
- Educational requirements. The ideal candidate will have an bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative
- Ability to successfully build a high-performing engaged sales team
- Able to lead cross-functionally across various departments
- Ability to influence and develop trusting relationships.
ProAg Core Values:
- Ensures Accountability. Takes personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seeks out and communicates with key stakeholders in all situations
- Determines how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness
- Instills Trust. Makes intentions clear and meets shared challenges together, showing respect for the relationship and the team
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.