Responsible for all activities related to the management of Accounting/Reinsurance professionals including administering the company's reinsurance accounting policies and practices and the preparation of its financial statements.
- Manage reinsurance reporting for assigned companies including allocated supervisory and analytical staff.
- Review and approve analysis and reports for assigned companies including treaty settlements/billings, profit commissions, etc.
- Review and approve journal entries for general ledger, sub-ledgers, and reconciliations to the general ledger. Review sub-ledgers.
- Approve financial documents in the SharePoint system.
- Manage intercompany payables and receivables
- Manage letters of credit and related funding requirements.
- Respond to inquiries from reinsurers, reinsurance brokers, auditors and issuing companies.
- Analyze, propose, and implement changes to business processes and systems.
- Manage the preparation of ad hoc reports for Senior Management, Auditors, Actuaries, and Accounting.
- Oversee timely collection of receivables and payables to reinsurers/brokers.
- Works with manager for final hiring decisions and equity of workload distributions.
- Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work unit.
- Assign resources as needed.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Communicate team or group results to management and make appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare written and verbal presentations to convey information.
- Drive improvement in existing business processes and assist in the identification and implementation of new processes.
- Assist in development and is accountable for budget for work unit.
- Work within financial objectives set by management.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Identify control objectives for designated function and implement cost-effective controls designed to meet those objectives.
- Test controls to determine if they are performing as intended.
People Management• Has full HR responsibility for direct reports including making hiring decisions, training, coordinating work, establishing standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals, and providing coaching or counseling.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- 6 years of relevant and progressive experience in Accounting and/or Finance that includes at least three years in Reinsurance Reporting.
- 3 years of leadership experience
Other desired skills / qualifications:
- Possess and have ability to apply advanced knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Superior organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)