Underwriting Support Team Lead
With more than 250 years of combined underwriting experience, the Casualty Group, a member of Tokio Marine HCC, creates customized casualty products for sophisticated liability buyers. Primary Casualty writes general liability coverage for commercial businesses and construction projects.
Our Good Company values, including integrity, empowerment, and commitment to customer service, and a culture of innovation, communication, and collaboration make TMHCC a great place to work. Our benefits include 401K match, financial assistance in pursuing professional licenses, paid paternal leave, a robust health, vision, and dental plan.
Our Chicago office has an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading insurance agency and grow your career as an Underwriting Support Team Lead.
Provides underwriting operational, compliance and office coordination support. Performs a variety of complex tasks associated with processing new and renewal insurance policies, maintenance of agent records, compliance, and accounting procedures. Supports underwriting in single or multiple areas of excess casualty and products liability.
- Lead a team of local and offshore resources.
- Prepare and maintain policy files including policy document issuance, mid-term servicing requests, etc.
- Prequalify new insurance policies to prepare for underwriting review.
- Coordinate the response for Department of Insurance complaints, OFAC sanctions, etc.
- Possess strong customer focus and high service level relationship with clients.
- Provide feedback to assigned staff on performance metrics.
- Review communication to and from assigned unit.
- Assist in compiling and delivery of training material for new and existing staff on products, procedures, revisions.
- Take a leading role in promoting a team atmosphere in the Casualty Unit.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and/or experience
- Significant insurance industry experience.
- Preferably with exposure to casualty lines
- Excellent communications skills.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office package.