Tokio Marine HCC - Public Risk Group, a member of the Tokio Marine group of companies, is a market leader in providing specialized insurance products for municipal entities. We cover counties, cities, townships, villages, police department, prisons, fire departments and more. We serve the growing insurance and risk management needs of medium and large governmental entities and provide property and casualty insurance coverages in multiple states.The Compliance Assistant performs data entry of information to maintain reports to be used both internally and for outside reporting obligations. Responsible for accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data. Proof material entered as required and generate data reports as required. Collaborate interdepartmentally to ensure that workflows run smoothly and are completed timely. Coordinate with various project managers to implement policies, procedures, and business initiatives.
A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy. Organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple different tasks over the course of a day will be required to successfully perform in this role. Analytical skills and an ability to investigate answers to questions will likewise be required. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Word) is required.
- Performs data entry using various internal database and document management systems, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or database commands, and formats materials as required.
- Assists with responding to monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Synthesizes data to be placed in preformatted templates for review after retrieval.
- Creates data directories/sub-directories for file and report generation retrieval purposes. Maintains paper and/or disk file of entered data.
- Reviews discrepancies in data received, requests clarification, or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with company procedures.
- Interacts with departmental and other staff on matters affecting data and publications flow and makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement to job processes to ensure standards in data entry, collection, and retrieval.
- Assists with coordination and compilation of documents for Market Conduct Exams.
- Assists with Advertising review to ensure compliance with corporate mandated policy.
- With supervision, assists with new product filings, including proofreading and completing checklists before filing moves forward.
- Coordinates with outside vendors to complete specified workflows.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Minimum 4 Year Bachelors Degree
- Up to two years of relevant general operational experience
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- May be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time
- May be required to move up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to operate a computer and other devices
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus, such as required to read a computer screen
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.