Underwriter - Liability
Underwriter - Liability
The main focus of this role will be assisting the Underwriting Manager with the high volume of referrals from Canadian Coverholders under delegated underwriting agreements and providing support with the ongoing management of these contracts.
Location: Fitzwilliam House, St Mary’s Axe, London
Travel: There could be travel required in the role although this would be occasional and only once the successful candidate was fully established in the role.
• Underwriting Liability business within own authority and assisting with portfolio management
• Providing a service to and managing and undertaking relationship development activity with a panel of brokers
• Identifying potential new broker relationships
• Monitoring of account performance for own panel of brokers
• Representing TMHCC at broker / client / coverholder meetings)
• Assisting the UW Manager with the management of delegated underwriting arrangements
• Following the Liability team’s administrative procedures and dealing with any problems/queries that arise
• Collation of information to facilitate the monitoring of the performance of the Liability account
• Dealing with referrals from direct reports (where applicable)
• Training and development of direct reports (where applicable)
• Liaising with claims personnel in the handling of specific claims, and to identify claims trends
• Undertaking specific ad-hoc projects as and when required
• Supporting the PI Division in meeting its objectives through the development of multi-line products
• To liaise with Admin support staff and provide coaching / development where required.
• Attending in house / external training sessions and actively maintaining own training record.
Probationary Performance Objectives:
• To have demonstrated the required level of technical knowledge and skill
• To have gained an understanding of TMHCCs underwriting philosophy, risk selection criteria and cultural values
• To have demonstrated competent use of TMHCCs admin systems and compliance with our procedural processes.
Skills and Experience Specification:
• A minimum of three years’ relevant Liability experience as an underwriter or broker, including UK/Irish contractors’ business
• Minimum 3 ‘A’ levels at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
• Good organisational skills
• Good communication skills
• Strong negotiating and business/relationship development skills
• A high level of IT literacy, including Word and Excel
• Experience of handling binding authority agreements
• Experience of Canadian Liability business
• Relevant insurance qualifications
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.