IT Security Engineer
Under general supervision, monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets.
- Use knowledge of security monitoring technology/process to design and continually improve SOC monitoring sources, rules, alerts, playbooks and other response processes/procedures.
- Analyse and configure and continually improve other security systems and program components to meet security architecture requirements.
- Identify, recommend, and implement corrective actions in response to security alerts, gaps and violations.
- Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Review activities, results, and recommendations with management and clients as appropriate.
- Drive improvement in existing business processes.
- Perform work thoroughly in a cost-efficient manner and at a high productivity level.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Report any breakdown in controls to management.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
- No people management responsibility but may provide guidance to less experienced employees.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of three years of relevant and progressive professional experience
- CISSP, Security+ or SANS certification(s) preferred
- Background in SOC operations and technologies
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of industry accepted security architectures
- Thorough knowledge of authentication and access systems
- General multi-platform information security knowledge in networks, Windows, Desktops, Servers and application systems including detail expertise in at least one.
- Working knowledge of information security tools for intrusion monitoring, filtering, event management, compliance management and vulnerability management
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Sabarnes-Oxley, Payment Cards Industry (PCI), Health Information Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), along with US and European data privacy laws
- Experience in following system information security policies, standards and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.