Senior Internal Controls Analyst
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance company with a global footprint supporting the many things in life we cherish. Love hamburgers and corn on the cob, seeing your favorite musician in an amazing venue, maybe even attending a football game? I bet you never realized there is an entire industry dedicated to ensuring peace of mind for all the big and little things in life. At Tokio Marine HCC we invite you to be part of the collaboration between minds, striving together to lead the specialty insurance field.
As a successful Senior Internal Controls Analyst, you will identify, prepare documentation, analyze, design, assess, and report on financial and business process controls for J-SOX and MAR compliance.
Relying on your experience and your judgment, you will be responsible for accomplishing the following assignments.
- Review control documentation, evaluate control design, document and review results of effectiveness testing.
- Identify and analyze deficiencies in internal controls, recommend changes, develop remediation plans, and track remediation efforts.
- Assist with communication of control requirements and status reporting for assigned business functions.
- Advise control owners in control development and design.
- Develop complete and accurate work papers to document and support findings and work performed.
- Coordinate documentation and communication with Senior Management, Internal Audit, and external auditors.
- Report results to Internal Controls management.
- Evaluate Senior Management’s responses to their quarterly Disclosure Controls Questionnaire (DCQ) and quarterly Controls Self-Assessment (CSA) to assess the impact of any requested changes to the overall control environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field, or the equivalent education
- Preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designations.
- Relevant and progressive professional experience
- Internal or external audit with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX or J-SOX) experience and a strong understanding of internal controls.
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance software a plus
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)