Underwriting Assistant III
Growing a career in Underwriting can be challenging without the right environment. At Tokio Marine HCC we believe in providing our underwriting assistants the opportunity to maximize our training rich environment, designed for you to develop a path for underwriting success. Our UA program is designed to move you through learning challenges, hands on underwriting experience in both new and renewal policies, all while providing you with broad discipline exposure. As a company we believe in collaboration and invest in you as a key component to present and future collaboration.
In this role you will work on a team of individuals head quartered out of Chicago. Your focus will be on multiple lines of underwriting support primarily in liability coverage. We will ask you to cover a broad scope of tasks that will help the team execute on the work and facilitate your career growth.
Below are the key things we want you to accomplish routinely:
- Input submissions into designated database to assist in the underwriting process.
- Prepare initial underwriting analysis for review by Casualty Underwriter for select accounts
- Update and maintain departmental records such as policies, endorsements, quote information, invoices, broker information, etc.
- Prepare and draft correspondence such as quote letters, declinations, or invoices, using mail, fax, or other electronic means.
- Answer phone and resolve basic inquiries or forward call to appropriate contact for resolution. Initiate phone calls to brokers and other parties to secure information or provide update status.
- Prepare, process, and assemble approved policies, renewals, and other supplemental documents for distribution.
- Forward requested underwriting files and related documents to internal departments such as Claims, Accounting, etc.
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of improvements to current processes and procedures.
Skills and experiences that will help you succeed in the role:
- History of work experience demonstrating success in problem solving analysis or support
- Previous insurance experience as a UA is incredibly helpful in the role
- Command of MS Office Suite