Transactional Risk Insurance Underwriter
Tokio Marine HCC – Financial Lines, a member of Tokio Marine HCC group of companies has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transactional Risk Insurance (TRI) Underwriter in our office located in New York, NY.
Do you want to be part of an evolving insurance line of business and a growing team? As a next step in your legal career, are you looking for more involvement on the business side and to utilize your legal and financial skills as an active participant in M&A transactions. As a Sr. TRI Underwriter, your position will be a key member of the TRI Group and work extremely closely with the Lead Underwriter and other Senior Underwriters to provide support on all stages of underwriting. This position will be responsible to analyze and underwrite M&A transactions leading to representation and warranty (R&W) insurance policies, including drafting, negotiating, and adapting policy terms.
- Identify deal risks through the study and analysis of merger and acquisition (M&A) transaction documentation, both public and private, as well as financial statements, due diligence reports, etc.
- Quickly become adept at analyzing and selecting target companies to minimize risk of indemnity claims
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships with brokers, lawyers, private equity firms, deal principals, and colleagues from Tokio Marine HCC offices worldwide
- Maximize profitable risk selection within underwriting guidelines
- Understand the way in which carriers deploy capital and achieve long term goals
- Assist and oversee the performance of external legal counsel representing the company in each M&A deal.
- Proactively attend off-site conferences, trade shows, seminars, and meetings.
- Effectively help build the TMHCC TRI brand in the US market
- The successful candidate ideally will have a minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in Legal Service, Investment Banking, advisory roles in Financial Services, or Private Equity
- Specific experience with negotiating or mediating representations and warranties or other transactional risk insurance is preferred
- Prior experience working at Law Firms preferred
- General knowledge of legal exposures in transactions (taxation, breaches, litigation, price adjustment, damages, etc.)
- Understanding of legal documentation, financial statements, and tax issues
- Optimization of work processes. Knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
- Must be an exceptional communicator and able to make connections externally and internally
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- May require travel outside normal work location
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.