As an Administrative Assistant to Tokio Marine HCC’s Corporate Legal Department in Houston, Texas, you will provide day-to-day support to two attorneys but will generally support the entire Department, which includes an additional three attorneys and three staff members. The Corporate Legal Department advises and counsels business units, enterprise-wide, on legal matters ranging from disputes and litigation, contracts and leases, data protection, trademarks, mergers and acquisitions, employment matters, and other legal services designed to mitigate TMHCC’s legal risk and exposure. The Corporate Legal Department also manages reporting requirements to internal and external auditors, the Company’s insurance carriers, and the Company’s parent company.
What You Will Do
- Direct Support for Two Attorneys:Serve as primary administrative professional to two attorneys in the Department, including but not limited to, handling all day-to-day assignments; organizing the attorneys’ files, projects, documents, and calendar; arranging any business travel; and submitting reimbursement expenses.
- Handling of Services of Process and All Mail:Distribute all service of process of complaints, subpoenas, and other correspondence to appropriate business units and otherwise manage all incoming and outgoing mail for the entire Department.
- Document Creation:Regularly compose and edit documents using the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Litigation and Audit Reporting:Communicate with business units to request periodic litigation and matter updates.
- Electronic Discovery Support:Assist Department’s eDiscovery manager and Corporate Litigation paralegal with executing eDiscovery tasks, including preparing chain of custody forms; organizing records related to legal holds; and tracking status of active and closed matters.
- Filing of Corporate Minutes:Handle filing of corporate minutes and records with the Assistant Corporate Secretary.
- General Administrative Support:Provide general administrative support, as needed, to all attorney and staff members of the Department.
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Strong computer skills and proficiency, generally.
- Strong word processing skills and high level of proofreading, punctuation, and grammar skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments with accuracy and efficiency, including taking initiative, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines.
- Experience working as an administrative assistant (at least 1-2 years).
- Experience working in an in-house corporate legal or other legal department (highly preferred but not required).
- Notary public.