Grow with Confidence, Grow with Us
If you are an individual who is innovative, can build relationships, and thrives in a fast-paced environment, we have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriter to join our underwriting team. This position will review insurance applications to evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing.
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. We’re known for our quick response and fast, accurate claims settlement. We understand how important this is because many of us are farmers and ranchers ourselves. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
This position we would prefer in an office if near one but are open to remote.
- Evaluate new and renewal policy applications and related documents to classify and assess each risk, determine acceptability, assign rating, indicate endorsements and limits, and determine appropriate pricing.
- Contact and respond to verbal and written inquiries from customers within designated timeframe to provide appropriate information and serve as an underwriting resource.
- Cultivate relationships with internal and external contacts to facilitate the underwriting process, promote business development, and to remain abreast of industry trends. Serve as a resource to other departmental staff.
- Prepare quotations for agents and answer questions from agents, policyholder, or prospects.
- Utilize knowledge of automated underwriting and/or processing systems to develop information for new or renewal policies.
- Adhere to all company underwriting authority directives, underwriting guidelines, and other applicable company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate for the Underwriter position will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Two years of relevant and progressive professional experience.
- Previous crop insurance industry experience.
- Educational Requirements. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment.
ProAg Core Values:
- Ensures Accountability. Takes personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seeks out and communicates with key stakeholders in all situations
- Determines how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness
- Instills Trust. Makes intentions clear and meets shared challenges together, showing respect for the relationship and the team
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.
Pay: starting minimum $38,000 per year, compensation is subject to the level of underwriter brought in at and to geographical adjustment contingent on location.