Senior Event Cancellation Underwriter
Senior Underwriter - Specialty Insurance
What happens when sporting events are cancelled? How can sports organizations and event promoters protect against this financial exposure and how do insurance companies manage and underwrite this risk? If this kind of analysis piques your interest, this could be the job for you. These are not your typical types of insurance products. If the sports and entertainment industries excite you and you want to join a company that acts as a small entrepreneurial agency but has the backing of a larger insurance company apply today!
If you are currently a Specialty Underwriter ready to climb the next rung on your career ladder and are looking to underwrite unique solutions for Event Cancellation, we have a new opportunity for a Senior Underwriter for Specialty Insurance in the Wakefield, MA office.
Tokio Marine HCC - Specialty Group, a member of the Tokio Marine group of companies, is a market leader in providing specialized insurance products for the sports, entertainment and promotional industries. We provide an unmatched portfolio of products including event cancellation, high limit disability, kidnap and ransom, weather, travel, event liability and much more. We cover major sports and entertainment events, professional athletes and entertainers and other unique assets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating new and renewal policy applications and related documentation to classify and assess risks for mid-large size accounts, communicate and build relationships with brokers and other outside contacts, and create and maintain all underwriting documentation according to procedures and other departmental guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of the TMHCC Event Cancellation business structure: During the first 30 days, understand underwriting guidelines, rates, terms, and conditions for TMHCC Specialty’s Event Cancellation product.
- Leadership Capability: During first 60 days, lead a small team of underwriters and administrative staff.
- Review and Quote risks: During the first 90 days, be able to quote business in both the US and International markets, working closely with SVP of Contingency Underwriting.
- Project Management & Business Development: During the first 6 months, in conjunction with the SVP of Contingency Underwriting, implement/manage short and long-term Event Cancellation projects and strategies, and establish and grow relationships with brokers and clients within the Event Cancellation line of business.
- Problem Solving: Show critical thinking skills by finding creative solutions to write Event Cancellation business across multiple markets which satisfy both the broker and the client.
- Collaboration: Demonstrate key strategic thinking skills by working directly with the SVP of Contingency Underwriting.
- Marketing: Effectively market Tokio Marine HCC’s Event Cancellation tailored solutions to grow existing portfolio of business and client base.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience required
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive professional experience required
- 5+ years of Specialty underwriting experience
- Key competencies include communication, problem solving
- Travel Percentage: 20%
- International travel required
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.