Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe and other exciting locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people don’t even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Financial Controller will report to the Branch Finance Manager in Düsseldorf and will work closely with the international finance teams in Luxembourg, London and across the European corporate network. The remit mainly covers the German branch including all three offices, but collaboration with other branches and offices in Europe is also key to success. You will support TME's German office in managing the increasing volume of business and reporting requirements across all financial processes and systems.
The core of your tasks is the collection, extraction, and preparation of data from various sources in different formats. With your skills in Access and similar database tools, you will complement the existing systems, build resilient reconciliation processes and improve efficiency in the control of our data flows. Using this data base, you will then represent German Finance's requirements in international project teams and support the timely production of TME's statutory and regulatory reports by providing the required reports on a regular and ad hoc basis.
Finally, you will play an important role in the monthly closing processes and ensure timely completion in cooperation with the international finance team.
Accounting and Finance:
- Performing balance sheet and P&L analyses to monitor and understand monthly and quarterly variances, both technical and non-technical movements.
- Developing and carrying out intra-group clearing steps and reconciliation with the colleagues involved in Europe
- Take over monthly and quarterly closing tasks in cooperation with the International Finance Operations Team
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with German and Luxembourg GAAP accounting principles and other Group accounting standards (as required)
- Establish country-specific templates to enable more efficient reporting to local authorities
- Ensure compliance with the Group's accounting policies
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring that all internal controls and accounting policies established locally and by the Group are consistently applied and adhered to and ensure effective collaboration with the finance functions in London and the TME branches
- Establish a local platform to reconcile and report all bank movements on a daily basis and to build an integrated liquidity planning process.
- Support the Senior Credit Controller and Senior Accountant by providing appropriate reports on outstanding and processed banking and accounting movements.
- Liaise with the London Treasury team and ensure that surplus cash is available for investment
- Taking the lead in the budgeting and planning process in close cooperation with sales and the actuarial departments
- Further development of the existing plan-actual comparison procedures
- Preparation of the harmonised and centralised reports for monitoring the debtors of the German branch.
- Provision of suitable reports for presentation to relevant business partners and stakeholders
Compliance and Audit:
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures within the team.
- Ensure that the retention of all financial records complies with auditor requirements and/or legal requirements,
- Be the point of contact for internal and external auditors for all branch accounting data
- Participate in projects to improve the reporting infrastructure.
- Assist with the audit of the financial statements and coordinate with the local audit team.
- Degree in finance and accounting or training as a balance sheet accountant
- 5-8 years of professional experience in a finance department in the insurance industry
- Experience in developing, creating and maintaining supporting reconciliation databases, including report writing and scripting (VBA, SQL or similar)
- Excellent Access and Excel skills
- Fluent in English and German
- Experience with AS400-based accounting systems
- Experience in data warehouse projects
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Cognos, Anaplan, data extraction and data modelling tools.
- Result-oriented, professional way of working
- Enjoy dealing with numbers and people
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Constant striving to achieve high quality results
- Drive and commitment to achieve individual, project and team goals
- Curiosity and willingness to learn continuously
- Striving for continuous improvement in all our processes
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.