Service Center Specialist
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
Are you motivated and target driven? Are you looking for a challenging career that offers growth opportunities? Then you need to check out this exciting opportunity! At Tokio Marine HCC, we have an excellent opportunity for a Service Center Specialist in our office located in Houston, TX.
This is a great opportunity to work with an established team with development processes and practices already in place. You will be working for a stable company with measured growth over the last 20+ years and a management team that values IT tremendously. This is a great chance to innovate and make significant changes by leveraging newer technology.
- Assist internal users with computer software and hardware problems.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Document common problems and resolutions and submit to IT knowledge repository.
- User support and troubleshoot function on all IT related activities.
- Take a lead role in creation and cataloging of knowledge articles.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ensure the timely process through which problems are controlled including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Build training materials and documents for new services and application roll-outs.
- Maintain currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Provide high level of customer service to users in an efficient and easy to understand manner.
The ideal candidate for the Service Center Specialist will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have a minimum of two years of relevant and progressive professional experience with a minimum of one year experience in a Service Center environment
- Experience with Ticket Tracking Systems
- Prior Helpdesk experience preferred
- Outlook Support/ Office 365
- Well-versed in principles of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Communications - Must be an exceptional communicator, with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- For the ideal candidate to be successful
- Must have the ability to work independently, focusing on achieving organizational goals and tasks with drive and energy to succeed.
- The ability to build trust and relationships with key constituencies is essential.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Certifications from Help Desk Institute (HDI), COMPTIA A+, ITIL, and/or Microsoft preferred
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.