Underwriting Assistant-Renewable Energy
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 2,600 employees are industry-leading experts.
Are you looking to get your foot in the door at a leading specialty insurance company? GCube Insurance Services (a member of the Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies), the largest insurer of solar and wind globally, has an exciting opportunity for an Underwriting Assistant. The position will be based in New York, NY. This is a great opportunity to build on existing insurance knowledge and be part of a rapidly growing sector. In the first year, you will build a good understanding of the GCube way of working as well as the systems and processes necessary to support and grow the business.
The Underwriting Assistant will help maintain and grow broker/insured relationships and provide support to the business administration function. They will work closely with the rest of the Underwriting team as well as the claims division.
Technical Duties - Generate insurance documents including quotes, binders and certificates for the underwriting staff. This will also involve the creation of invoices through use of GCube proprietary systems as well as filing of important information on behalf of underwriters.
Pre-Underwriting Analysis - Perform NAT CAT analysis, evaluate new and renewal policy applications and related documents to classify and assess each risk, prepare preliminary notes for the underwriting team.
Communication - Contact and respond to verbal and written inquiries from brokers and clients within designated timeframe to provide appropriate information and serve as an underwriting resource. Within scope of ability, answer questions, explain decisions, and build productive relationships. Cultivate relationships with internal and external contacts to facilitate the underwriting process, promote business development, and to remain abreast of renewable energy industry trends.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Commercial Insurance experience within energy, power, renewables, construction, property and or casualty preferred but not required.
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
- Must be an exceptional communicator and able to facilitate and foster relationships externally and internally
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Working knowledge of insurance systems and Microsoft office software, particularly Excel and Power-point
- May require some travel
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and surplus lines requirements preferred
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.