Customer Care Intern (paid)
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Working at TechSmith gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
We are a technological melting pot comprised of nearly 300 uniquely skilled human beings that will continue to stretch your comfort zone—but in a good way. And speaking of comfort, who doesn’t love to show up to work in jeans, eat free snacks, and drink free pop?
With great products and great people behind them, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and hardworking individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We’d love to chat.
TechSmith’s Customer Service Interns support the Customer Service department to ensure customers are experiencing complete value in our software and systems. Our interns work as part of the team while developing key business skills to help them in their future careers. TechSmith Corporation encourages interns to express their own distinctive talents and discover their own core competencies. Our interns have front-line contact with TechSmith customers, so this position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. A team player with a positive attitude is essential.
We are currently looking for interns for the Fall 2021 semester, with the preferred option to extend beyond for additional semesters.
**Sophomore or junior class level preferred.
**Please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
- Learn and understand the key concepts and uses of the TechSmith software, as well as a working knowledge of TechSmith Software
- Work with the Customer Service team in day-to-day operations, contributing as a consistently productive team member
- Assist customers to ensure they have a positive experience in purchasing and installing our software
- Handle customer concerns, troubleshoot, and solve problems
- Work on special projects, researching deeper into our customer databases and analyzing sales data
- Capture critical product and customer data to help improve sales opportunities and create efficient business processes
- Excel in a fast-paced environment and thrive under pressure
- Utilize creative thinking skills by assisting and developing best practices for sales team operations
- Experience a real-world view of the software industry and learn key business strategies and tactics
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer-focused, and able to work on a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and listening skills for communication inside and outside the company
- Great phone presence
- Interest in technology, specifically software applications
- Good organizational skills and capability to multi-task
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- You must be enrolled full-time in classes in order to be considered for an internship with TechSmith Corporation and must maintain status as a full-time student (except summer semester) during internship.
- Requires 20 hours per week of availability
- Must be able and willing to participate in internship over the course of two consecutive semesters at a minimum.
- Proactive go-getter attitude
- Dependable employee with good work history
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Previous sales or customer service experience a plus
- Fluency in French, German, or Spanish languages a plus but not required
Competitive pay based on skills and experience. This is an hourly position with TechSmith Corporation. Hours are based on a consensus between you and your supervisor. We require a minimum of 20 hours per week during the school year and 20-40 hours per week during the summer semester.