Performance Test Engineer - Cloud
About TechSmith:Being a TechSmithie allows you to work creatively to solve real problems for people and businesses in an innovative and collaborative environment. We are a home-grown, mid-sized company that has achieved global success. We help people “show what they know” using our screen capture and video creation software. Our products, including Camtasia, Snagit, and Knowmia, are used by over 30 million professionals, from individuals to Fortune 500 Companies.
TechSmith’s top priority is the safety and well-being of our employees. We’ve temporarily moved our operations to working fully remote. Candidates must have the ability to work in a remote environment and, when deemed safe, be willing to commute to TechSmith’s office in the Lansing Michigan area. Candidates must be willing to move to Michigan before starting their new position.
Position Overview:As a Performance Test Engineer working on our Cloud team, you’ll be part of an open, curious team of engineers, testers, and designers looking after the development, care, and keeping of our web-based products and services. You’ll work with teammates to assess performance across the software stack: from front-end interactions, to API management, to data and storage concerns, through deployment.
You will put your problem-solving skills and passion for performance testing to use every day. You will work as part of our QA team with our Cloud product teams, building world-class software products in a fun, collaborative environment. Responsibilities include: participating in an agile team, estimating upcoming work, writing and executing performance test scripts, and reviewing completed work with teammates, as well as other duties, as assigned. If you love solving customer problems and innovating with new technology, you will fit right in.
At TechSmith, every individual can make a big impact, while working in a supportive team environment. As part of an agile team, you will have a voice in helping to decide what assignments the team tackles. With the help of your teammates, you will have the time and support to build solutions and create quality work. When you are not working on assessing and improving application performance, you will have the time to advance your skills and your career with the help and support of your lead and manager. The TechSmith agile process is set up to give you the opportunity to dedicate entire sprints to innovation, self-guided work, or professional development multiple times a year.
Experienced Performance Test Engineer
Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field, with at least 2 years experience automating software tests, including performance, in a professional setting. For individuals without a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field, at least 5 years experience automating software tests, including performance
- Experience with performance testing tools, such as Apache JMeter or similar tools
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and testers, including participating in code reviews, working with version control systems such as Git, pairing when needed
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines (User Experience, Operations, IT, etc.) in an agile development process
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening
Preferred Skills and Background:
- 3 or more years experience automating software tests, including performance, in a professional setting
- Experience developing and executing performance tests in an Azure-based Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment Pipeline
- Experience implementing software performance or quality metrics
- Experience developing with C# and .NET
- Experience with configuring performance test environments and load generation environments in the Cloud
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, particularly DevOps
- Familiarity with Agile development processes including working in sprints, planning, estimation, prioritization, scoping, and demoing
- Experience collaborating with multiple people spread out across several teams
- Dedication to continuous learning in order to stay up to date on the latest technologies
- Willingness to mentor teammates, and to be mentored, in order to teach and learn new codebases and technologies