UX Designer (User Experience)
Why You'll Love Working Here:For more than 30 years, TechSmith has been the leader in Screen Capture, Recording, and Editing software. Our products, including Camtasia, Snagit, Audiate, and Knowmia, are used by over 30 million professionals, from individuals to Fortune 500 companies. And, in a world gone remote, the problems we solve are more relevant than ever.
We're looking for talented designers that don’t shy away from solving hard problems and love creating simple workflows and beautiful interfaces. We strive to make products that our customers love, and everyone - from our CEO to our sales and tech support team members - thrive on the joy and delight of our users. If you're interested in working for a company where your solutions will have a real impact on our user's daily life, you'll love working at TechSmith.
Position Overview:As a Designer on the User Experience Team, you will be joining a small pod of cross-functional designers responsible for experiences bridging the entire customer journey - from the initial discovery of our products and services to the nitty-gritty details of in-product interfaces and interactions. You’ll collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, marketing professionals, and business owners to advocate for users and create new and innovative features and workflows that take our customer’s ability to the next level. You’ll use Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and other tools to prototype, validate, and refine your designs with users and stakeholders, as well as collaborate with development teams to implement your work.
If you have strong empathy for others, are always trying to find ways to improve experiences, have excellent communication skills, and want to work with other passionate individuals in a diverse and collaborative environment, we want to talk to you.
Open Positions:UX Designer, UX Designer II
- Work with product managers, software engineers, and others to design and prototype features and workflows with an eye toward shipping, learning, and iterating on solutions
- Understand our customer’s journey through our sites, services, and products, and create solutions that improve the end-to-end experience for our users
- Create production-ready interface elements and design assets to support product development
- Help maintain and contribute to our desktop and web design systems
- Create user empathy through storytelling, personas, and user goals throughout the design and development process
- Join in on design reviews to support and challenge your teammates in constructive ways to help keep the bar raised on the quality of our designs and experiences
- Use data and experimentation to inform your solutions
- Stay informed of current design trends and bring new techniques and methods to the UX team.
Required Skills and Background:
- Associates degree or higher in UX, HCI, design or related degree OR two or more years of professional experience in a related field
- Must provide a digital portfolio demonstrating experience designing product, web, or mobile experiences, including examples of iconography, illustration, or other visual designs
- A proven passion for designing experiences with a focus on user’s goals and motivations
- Ability to concept design solutions with limited direction
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Experience creating motion graphics or informative animations
- Experience working with content management systems, eCommerce, or digital marketing design
- Experience working with or creating design systems
- Experience with quantitative results-driven design techniques such as a/b testing
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS, React, or other front-end technologies
- Experience with designing user interfaces for Mac and Windows applications
- Understanding of accessibility best practices and universal/inclusive design principles
- Familiarity with Adobe After Effects, Figma, Sketch, or similar design and prototyping software