Workers Compensation Claims Examiner
Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Investigates and evaluates workers compensation claims. Asks for guidance from more senior examiners and/or leadership for most complex claims. Incumbents have up to $20,000 reserve authority; $10,000 settlement authority and $5,000 payment authority. Incumbents focused on workers' compensation have up to $100k in total incurred authority.
- Studies reports and similar claims to determine validity of the claim.
- Reviews, evaluates and processes claims and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Examines and authorizes payments within prescribed fiscal authority.
- Communicates with independent adjusters, third party administrators (TPAs'), claimants and attorneys to ensure claims are settled in an appropriate manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2091
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 3-5 years' experience in insurance/claims required.
- Bachelors' degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent time management skills.
- Must possess negotiation skills and be able to appropriately influence and persuade others.
- Must possess excellent investigative skills with the ability to achieve optimal conflict resolutions.
- Must possess planning skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through Swift Charities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.