Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Perform analysis to appropriately respond to Requests for Proposal (RFPs). Learn market rates and provide recommendations to maximize profitability.
- Complete spot pricing requests in a timely fashion.
- Analyze inbound/outbound market Rates Per Mile (RPM), balance, deadhead, customer mix, seasonality and lane flow to increase rates, optimize KNX networks and maximize profitability.
- Analyze large data sets for growth and network optimization in both Requests for Proposals (RFP) and historical data sets.
- Evaluate customer accessorial and contract terms to strengthen profitability.
- Prepare comprehensive value add rate proposals that effectively account for customer freight and contract characteristics and KNX network needs.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and provide recommendations.
- Effectively interact at all levels of the company including sales, operations, contracts, billing and senior leadership.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objective.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=7329
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 1+ years experience in pricing and/or operations required.
- Bachelor's or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Report generation
- Mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret user needs and translate into system requirements.
- Ability to understand system data and to identify discrepancies
- Previous knowledge of system analytics helpful
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.