Local Truck Driving Instructor
$$$$$$ 5,000 HIRING BONUS $$$$$$
Why Swift? Because, life is too short – be happy!
We understand people leave companies if they are not offered rewarding, challenging work. People look for new opportunities if they are not surrounded by coworkers and leaders they trust. At Swift, we have some of the most amazing passionate hard-working people you will ever meet. We have adopted the approach that everyone makes decisions based on the best interest of the company. Swift Transportation is the nation’s #1 full truckload carrier. Everyone knows our business is transporting freight from Point A to Point B. However, we believe that our business is about building relationships one person, one delivery, one phone call, one “hello, how can I help you” at a time.
Our benefits are top notch. Sure, we could wow you with the normal benefits plan, but we decided to kick it into overdrive and see if we can push the pedal to the metal. These benefits are so hot, you need A/C on full blast to read this list.
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
Confidential short-term counseling service
- Financial Connect ®
- Assistance from certified public accountants
- Legal Connect ®
- Telephone access to licensed attorneys to assist with legal concerns
- Estate Guidance ®
- GuidanceResources ®
Online interactive service to assist in every aspect of your life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- Disability Insurance
- Financial Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discounts
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Train and/or evaluate student drivers ensuring they possess the skills to become a licensed commercial driver. If incumbent has acquired and maintains CDL Examiner certification issued by State, may administer exams as needed.
- Train student drivers on performing safety inspections relating to potential truck/trailer issues.
- Instruct functional driving skills such as performing turns, curves, backing, etc.
- Evaluate designated student drivers on a daily basis to determine when they are ready to progress from the range to the road.
- Ensure student drivers know how to perform well when driving on upgrades and downgrades including starting and stopping activities.
- Ensure student drivers possess a basic knowledge when dealing with situations such as intersections, urban/rural sections, expressways, bridge underpasses, etc.
- Effectively and efficiently resolve student issues.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
- Skills: Must be able to be on feet, on hard surface, for eighty percent or more of shift (i.e. standing and walking while instructing and observing students while on the Range); basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; advanced oral and written communication skills and possess strong interpersonal skills; demonstrate good judgment and discretion; self-motivated and flexible; strong problem solving skills; leadership & commitment to continuous improvement; stress tolerance and ability to handle changing priorities; must engage in on going education relating to teaching skills as part of faculty improvement to maintain post-secondary education requirements of the state in which the Academy is licensed; must maintain Professional Truck driver Institute (PTDI) and Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA) standards and complete a minimum of two American Association for Vocational School modules annually.
- Education: Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Experience Required: Two years' truck driving experience. Must be able to qualify for hire with Swift Transportation as a CDL driver by meeting requirements including, but not limited to: Must have fewer than 3 moving violations within a 5 year period (no more than 1 within 12 months). Must have fewer than 2 suspensions within 3yrs (this excludes child support). Must have no history of a DUI or DWI within the last 5yrs or 1 within the last 15yrs. Must have fewer than 2 preventable accidents within 5 yrs. Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) road test. Must have appropriate state certification as a CDL Examiner if tasked with administering exams.