Senior Platform Engineer
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty, and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Guide to the technical infrastructure for the KNX platform. Work across multiple parts of the data platform (infrastructure, data stores, service development).
- Lead design review teams.
- Provide on-the-job guidance and training to other team members.
- Research and innovation to streamline code development and deployment.
- Manage and monitor shared resources and legacy applications.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases.
- Implement and provide technical support for networking and operating system software.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
What we offer:
- REMOTE and Hybrid Opportunities
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Debt-Free College Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 5+ years related experience required.
- Expert in ElasticSearch
- Experience with Atlassian Jira, Confluence
- Experience with vSphere, Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL)
- Experience with GIT, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret user needs and translate into system requirements.
- Ability to understand system data and to identify discrepancies
- Previous knowledge of system analytics helpful
- Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Report generation
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=7346
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.