Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Receive red tags from drivers, process work orders; coordinate equipment with Driver Services and Customer Service; assign jobs to mechanics; and coordinate farmed out equipment with outside vendors.
- Processes work orders.
- Communicates with Safety/Service Providers about work order write-ups.
- Coordinates with Driver Services and Customer Service regarding equipment in shop (time estimates, etc.).
- Plan daily work load (repair orders/assign jobs) and coordinates with Shop Supervisor regarding work loads.
- Inspect all repair orders for info on warranty repairs and make sure all repairs are put under the proper reason code,
- Coordinate as required with the warranty department to ensure sure all units outsourced for repair are under warranty.
- Maintain and update the shop DNR work log.
- Handle all shop calls for units in and out of shop for repair.
- Coordinate with the Onroad department and handle all road calls within 75 miles of the shop.
- Provide all Owner Operators copy of a completed repair order when repairs have been completed.
- Work with the Parts department and make sure all parts are ordered for units needing repair.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
- Skills: Mechanical knowledge of DOT approved equipment; demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills; computer keyboarding.
- Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: One (1) year experience service planning, preferably in a heavy truck environment. Experience in warranty, service writer, technician, or administration in a mechnanical related field may be substituted for the one (1) year experience.