Senior Aviation Project Manager - 1393
STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
STV’s team of construction professionals provides flexible, focused construction management and technical services to public and private sector clients. Managing projects that range from $100,000 to hundreds of millions of dollars nationwide, our construction management specialists are complemented by an experienced architectural and engineering design staff. As an added value to our clients, we also provide cost estimating, scheduling and value engineering services in-house. It is this seamless integration of multidisciplinary capabilities that sets us apart from other firms.
We are accepting applications for an opening in our Chicago, IL office for a Senior Project Manager for our Construction Management division.
- Manages, oversees and coordinates architectural and design services and tasks
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and reviews project management activities with regard to design and construction
- Resolves complex, design and construction project related issues, disputes, and disagreements
- Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
- Report and collaborate with team members on all project matters
- Review and develop contract documents in coordination with others
- Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
- Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
- Create and present project data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
- Successfully manage and execute the design and/or construction of multiple projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity
- Coordination and management of budget and schedule information
- Manage and coordinate the planning and design phase of projects with clients, stakeholders and other team members
- Successfully manage close out process
- Evaluate, assess, process and manage change order and professional services requests in a timely manner
- Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to project delivery schedules
- Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related contract requirements
- Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to development of design documents
- Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about client’s projects
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience including managing and overseeing development of design guidelines, planning, programming, design development, construction documents
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Management of multiple design and construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant codes. Aviation experience a plus but not required. LEED, CCM, or PMP certification a plus.
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field.
- Ability to travel to multiple client locations and daily client/vendor interaction
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Experience with MS Windows, Office and Project
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design, construction and closeout
- Experience in various construction delivery methodologies (DBB, CMa, CMr, Design-Build, JOC)
- Experience in managing and directing personnel
- Ability to participate/present regarding project status to clients and stakeholders
- Experience in AutoCAD, BIM, Revit, eBuilder or other PMIS a plus
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.