Mechanical Engineer - 2055
STV, Inc., is currently searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Douglassville office. You will be responsible for the design of facilities related mechanical systems across a variety of markets including Healthcare, Education, Municipal, Industrial, Federal and Science and Technology industries. They will be expected to coordinate and work closely with a multi-discipline design team throughout the entire life cycle of projects from planning stages through construction documents.
Key responsibilities will include the preparation of mechanical/HVAC designs, calculations, energy analysis, estimates, reports and specifications for building and facilities projects. We provide design services to both public agencies and private corporations. Current projects include Public Transit Terminals and Transportation Maintenance Facilities; Municipal Buildings, Laboratories, Health Care Facilities, Universities, and Industrial Facilities; Other potential projects include correctional facilities, law enforcement, public health, and both K-12 and higher education buildings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or similar is required
- PA PE License or ability to obtain is preferred
- LEED-AP certification would be a plus
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification or the knowledge and desire to obtain is a plus
- Proficiency with Carrier HAP and Trane Trace 700 software suites and energy modeling are desired.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with one or more of the following CAD platforms: AutoCAD, MicroStation, REVIT, and Bentley BIM.
- This position will require at least 25% travel (mostly local but also throughout the continental US) so the ability and willingness to travel is a plus.
- Successful candidate will have 8 or more years of relevant experience designing a wide variety of commercial, institutional, industrial HVAC design for buildings and facilities.
- Proven ability to technically lead and motivate project teams of HVAC designers and drafters and to effect interdisciplinary coordination of technical work.
- The experience should be with all the systems associated with mechanical HVAC design.
- Focused experience with industrial projects, state agency projects, and/or local municipal projects would be a plus.
- Good planning, organizational and communications skills are necessary for success in this position.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Interest in personal and professional growth, in a challenging, rewarding and competitive professional environment.
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.