Structural Engineer - Bridges - 1246
STV is an award-winning professional firm consistently ranking among the country's top companies in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit sectors. Our success is the direct result of our employees' commitment to innovation and quality.
STV has an immediate opening for a Structural Engineer to join our growing team in our Jacksonville, FL office as part of the Transportation & Infrastructure Division! This is a great opportunity for an individual to work on exciting projects as part of a team of dedicated engineers.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of challenging transportation projects, which will include tasks such as the design of new bridges, bridge widenings, retaining walls, and other miscellaneous structures; analysis of existing structures; review and/or production of construction submittals; and review of contract plans for conformance with established design criteria.
This position also offers a flexible career path with opportunities to continue on a technical track with increasing design and leadership responsibilities or to grow into a project management role.
- Preparing design calculations and contract drawings for bridges and other transportation related structures (retaining walls, culverts, sign structures, noise walls, etc.)
- Preparing bridge load ratings
- Producing design related reports
- Calculating quantities and producing cost estimates
- Reviewing shop drawings and other construction submittals
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Minimum 2+ years of structural engineering experience
- PE required
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mathcad, MicroStation and familiarity of structural analysis software packages
- Strong skills in structural analysis, steel and concrete design, good time management skills, a willing desire to learn and the ability to work in a team environment.
Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.\n
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.