Civil/Structural Engineer Specialist
STV is seeking an Entry Level Structural Engineering Specialist position with our New York, NY office.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design & analysis of new and existing bridges, including rehabilitation design.
- Construction document production, including drawings and specifications.
- Participating in bridge condition inspections and inspections of other transportation related structures, and inspection report preparation.
- Bridge load ratings.
- Review of shop drawings.
The qualified candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Experience in use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with structural analysis and design software
- Experience in analysis and design of bridges, including rehabilitation design.
- Experience in hands-on bridge inspection.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Ability to perform field work during any time of the year.
Additional positive attributes include:
- EIT/FE certification
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, MS Office, Finite Element Analysis
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.