Senior Project Manager - Water and Wastewater - 1492
Due to our utility group’s success and strategic growth need, we need to continue to add resources to assist with the delivery of our current extensive backlog of work. This backlog includes tasks associated with various infrastructure improvement projects for numerous municipal, institutional, and private sector clients as well as NCDOT.
We have an immediate need in either our Charlotte, Morrisville, NC or Charleston, SC offices for a Senior Project Manager - Water and Wastewater for our Transportation & Infrastructure division. The successful candidate will support our current staff while assisting in growing the Water and Wastewater practice to better service our clients statewide. This role offers unlimited opportunities to maintain existing client relationships, broaden STV’s service offerings geographically, manage projects, mentor junior staff, all while promoting the culture of a healthy work-life balance. The ideal candidate is an individual who desires to lead through example, is professionally respected, an excellent communicator, and possesses a vast understanding of water and wastewater principles.
The candidate will be managing projects independently and work with junior staff members for successful project production and execution. This is an excellent role for a creative, self-motivated and detail-oriented professional that enjoys being a part of a team environment to join our growing utility team!
Key Responsibilities include:
The candidate will be responsible for managing design, plan production and providing construction administration on various water and sewer projects involving Charlotte Water, City of Charlotte, NCDOT, and other clients, including clients in SC. The ideal candidate will be a professional engineer with 15+ years of relevant water/sewer experience, including experience designing water distribution, wastewater collection and water/sewer system modeling. Responsibilities also include water/sewer relocation design, cost estimates, technical reports, specifications, and coordination of design and production activities with other disciplines.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related field with MS degree a plus
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of water and sewer design and management experience
- Extensive project management experience
- Professional Engineer in NC
- Prior water and wastewater design experience in Charlotte and surrounding areas
- Knowledge of NCDOT methods and procedures a plus
- Working knowledge in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Prepare and assist with project computations, estimates and designs
- Previous construction administration/inspection experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and coordination skills with other disciplines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.