Regional Planning Director - 1382
DC Regional Planning Leader - STV Incorporated seeks a Regional Planning Director to be based in Washington DC or Baltimore, MD. This is an outstanding opportunity for an innovative transportation planning leader to develop and direct a dynamic team of multidisciplinary transportation professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing multidiscipline projects in the greater Washington DC and Baltimore region. The candidate will be a recognized professional in planning with a focus on transportation planning services.
The Regional Planning director is responsible for:
- Practice building, mentorship and skill development of professional staff
- Management of a multi-discipline technical teams to deliver projects to clients
- Negotiating and establishing project budgets, staffing, project coordination and productivity necessary to deliver exceptional services to our clients.
- Coordination with other directors/leaders to ensure a consistent level of technical standards and applications on projects.
- Performs and manages diverse and complex discipline work tasks requiring extensive planning, communication and management skills.
- Collaborates with multi-discipline professionals within the project team, and includes the ability to integrate a series of independent and often interrelated professional actions to attain desired project goals.
- Develop and nurture key client relationships and leverage existing client relationships for future work opportunities.
- Working with practice and office leadership, focus on client development, business development and industry participation.
- Direct experience in successfully delivering transportation studies, feasibility studies, alternatives analysis, environmental impact statements and assessments and leadership for multi-discipline projects with high degrees of technical complexity and multidisciplinary project teams.
- Experience working with transportation agencies including federal, state and local authorities. Demonstrated planning practice development and management capability.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in planning or engineering curriculum. Masters preferred.
- Fifteen+ (15) years of experience in transportation planning or a closely related field, with professional experience in both the public sector and private-sector consulting, along with a minimum of five (5) years of team management experience;
- AICP or PE professional certification
- A strong reputation with major clients, knowledge of market opportunities in Washington DC, Maryland and surrounding states, and a facility for business development and winning project work;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven project management skills, with experience overseeing complex transportation projects;
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.