Senior Structural Project Manager (Bridge Structures) - 1494
STV currently has an opening in our New York City office for a Senior Structural Project Manager (Bridge Structures) for our Transportation & Infrastructure division. The preferred candidate will be at a senior-level for bridge design and engineering. The responsibilities of the position include serving in the lead technical role for the planning, analysis, design, and detailing of bridge projects ranging from conventional to complex bridge types; developing younger staff; and being directly engaged with client technical leads.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate technical requirements of Bridge and other heavy structures with Bridge engineers, civil engineers, architects, etc.
- Provide leadership for Design-Build bridge practice sub-discipline
- Condition inspection of Bridges and other heavy structures, including writing reports and developing rehabilitation and repair recommendations.
- Lead the development of contract plans and specifications relating to new and rehabilitation designs of Bridges and other heavy structures, to include Design-Build Documents.
- Performing studies and developing cost estimates for new Bridge and structure installations and rehabilitation options for existing ones.
- Assisting with business development and project proposal efforts.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required
- NYS and/or NJDOT design experience
- Design-Build experience
- Required Experience – minimum 15 years of experience in the Bridge/heavy structure industry
- NY or NJ PE License
- MS Degree in Structural Engineering preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, MS Office, FEA
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.