Quality Assurance Manager - 1922
STV is an award-winning national leader consistently ranking among the country's top companies in the design and planning of infrastructure and transportation systems. More than 100 years old, the firm provides comprehensive architectural, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction management services for public and private sector clients. Our success is the direct result of our employees' commitment to innovation and quality across all 40 offices and over 2000 people nationwide.
STV currently has an opening in our Virginia Beach, VA office for a Quality Assurance Manager in our Transportation & Infrastructure division. This person will primarily perform Construction Quality Program oversight.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develops Quality Management Plans (QMS) and quality assurance workflow processes to ensure efficient collection of field inspections and contractor audits
- Develops Inspection Test Plans based on technical specifications including VDOT quality requirements for Design Build Projects.
- Collaborates with QA and QC teams, contractors, and owners to identify, track, and resolve construction non-conformances.
- Reviews construction plans and specification packages for compliance with project Quality requirements
- Reviews inspection data and material test results and resolves test discrepancies and construction issues impacting quality of construction.
- Coordinates staff work assignments and schedules to meet quality reporting requirements of project.
- Provides document management oversight to ensure project records are received and transferred to the project records management system.
- Provides leadership and management direction to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering required
- CMM is preferred
- 15+ years of transportation construction management and/or construction quality assurance experience required
- 10+ years of VDOT construction management and/or construction quality assurance experience required
- Experienced and thorough understanding of VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Road and Bridge Standards, Construction Manual, and Inspector Manual
- Solution based problem solver and ability to resolve complex processes into manageable and actionable workflows
- Ability to work with and grow in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Proficient computer, smartphone, and tablet skills and use of software and databases to optimize information collection and automate data collection and reporting.
- Valid driver's license and qualified to drive company vehicle
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.