Architectural Designer - 1483
STV currently has an opening in our Boston, MA office for a career focused experienced Architectural Designer with minimum 2 years of experience to join our expanding Transportation and Infrastructure division, specializing in the planning, organization, and development of architecture and engineering activities for the construction and maintenance of transportation related building structures and facilities.
Many of these projects represent substantial investments in the State’s transportation infrastructure and will serve to benefit the traveling public’s experience for generations to come. We are looking for candidates that truly have an interest and passion for shaping the future of Massachusetts’ transportation related assets.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with an architectural/engineering team preparing documents for both new construction and renovation projects for transportation and public agency clients
- Assist with Architectural Design work from concept through construction documentation for projects requiring interface and collaboration with various engineering disciplines and consultants.
- Prepare and coordinate construction drawings utilizing a strong knowledge of building technology for all phases of a project.
- Conduct site and construction inspections for information-gathering purposes, and preparation of design reports along with coordinating with other disciplines to insure appropriate material has been collected to complete the task at hand
Essential Duties Include:
- Determine collectively with project management, the technical approach and design criteria for projects.
- Develop design details and plans under the supervision of senior level staff.
- Use computer software as a design tool to support the resolution of complex architectural problems.
- Depending on experience level; assist with or lead the production and coordination of construction documents under the supervision of a Project Architect / Project Manager.
- A Professional Degree in Architecture with minimum 2 years of experience working in a design office.
- MA Architectural registration a plus.
- Professional working proficiency with BIM Revit, AutoCad, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite are required.
- Excellent design and presentation skills, both verbal and visual.
- Self-starter with an understanding that project success comes through teamwork.
- Previous experience with transportation related projects and public agencies a plus.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.