Superintendent - 1134
STV is a nationally recognized leader for delivering value and excellence in construction management, engineering, architecture, planning and environmental services, is seeking a Superintendent for their New York, NY location.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and vendors, expedite vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis and identify and resolve construction problems as they develop.
- Maintain accurate time-keeping and cost records.
- Supervise self-perform work and develop special construction methods for job efficiency.
- Manage material receiving – ensure that material received is properly inspected for quantity and quality, and that the receiving tickets are properly signed, coded and filed accordingly.
- Help the Superintendent comply with all jobsite reporting requirements, including daily reports, field purchase orders, weekly unit reports, weekly updates to the “two week look-ahead” and monthly updates to the construction schedule.
- Familiarize yourself with shop drawing and submittals and help project managers comply with the submittal schedule, contract documents and company reporting requirements.
- Attend required jobsite meetings.
- Maintain safety standards – safety planning is to be included in all pre-job planning and considered foremost in the daily operations.
- Maintain quality consistent with the company standards. Any repetitive quality problems with a subcontractor or vendor should be called to management’s attention. The company has a policy and past record of providing high quality work and this standard is to be maintained on each project.
- Close out the project in compliance with the contract documents.
- Satisfy the customer, subcontractors, vendors and the company. Be sensitive to special requirements of the customer, subs, vendors or neighbors to ensure satisfactory relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of construction experience.
- Prior School Construction Authority (SCA) experience is preferred but not required.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.