Senior Structural Engineer - Bridges - 1243
STV has an immediate opening for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing team in Jacksonville, FL as part of the Transportation & Infrastructure Division! This is a great opportunity to join a highly motivated and successful design team that has played a significant role in the development of numerous major transportation projects throughout Northeast Florida in recent years.
The STV Jacksonville Office has shown consistent growth over the last 10 years, expanding service lines and adding to a long list of diverse clients. The Highway Transportation group provides roadway, bridge, and drainage design services through conventional design contracts, including several continuing services contracts, as well as design-build contracts. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact with clients on a regular basis, contribute to business development efforts, and mentor younger staff all while leading structural design efforts for intriguing transportation projects.
- Providing design, design leadership and QA/QC for bridges and other transportation related structures (retaining walls, culverts, sign structures, noise walls, etc.)
- Performing studies and developing cost estimates for new bridges and/or rehabilitation of existing bridges
- Coordination with internal Project Managers, other disciplines, and clients
- Assisting with business development and project proposal efforts
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of structural engineering experience
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Experience with FDOT Districts 2, 3, and 5 preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mathcad, MicroStation and familiarity with structural analysis software packages
- Strong skills in structural analysis, steel and concrete design, good time management skills, a willing desire to learn and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Complex concrete and structural steel design experience preferred
Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.\n
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.