The STV Baltimore office is currently seeking a Landscape Designer to join the team in our Buildings & Facilities division! The landscape architectural staff within the Urban Planning Group in Baltimore provides a variety of skills and services that support projects throughout STV. Our work consists of planning, site design, urban redevelopment, and transportation projects, both locally and for other STV offices.
As a Landscape Designer you will collaborate with other Architects, Civil Engineers, and the clients to create landscapes, planning and design.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years’ experience as a Landscape Designer and aspire to becoming a licensed Landscape Architect. Candidate should have previously worked on multiple, large, high profile projects in parallel with each other.
- Creating design for active Land Development projects using CAD and MicroStation (site layout, site design, land grading, land forming, etc.)
- Collaboration with Civil Engineering and other disciplines in support of the design and project expectations / Utilizing your knowledge of land/site planning and development process
- Attending meetings and hearings as it relates to development projects (Planning Board, Site Development Review Committee)
- Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a landscape designer; three (3) or more years' experience preferred working on multiple, large, high-profile projects in parallel with each other
- Strong architectural presentation and general communication skills
- Proficiency with CAD and MicroStation (+)
- A good working knowledge of plant materials, site design and grading
- Proven ability work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a team-oriented mentality
As a matter of policy and to protect STV’s colleagues, clients and business partners, STV requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such vaccination to STV as of the start date of their employment.
STV considers all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age; arrest or conviction record; caregiver status; citizenship status; race; color; credit history; creed, disability; sex; gender; gender identity or expression; hairstyle; immigration status; marital status; military, uniformed service, or veteran status; ancestry or national origin; creed; citizenship status; partnership status; disability; pre-employment marijuana testing; pregnancy; race; religion; salary history; sexual and reproductive health decisions; sexual orientation; status as victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; unemployment status; or any additional category or characteristic that is protected as defined by applicable federal law, the New York State Human Rights Law, and New York City Human Rights Law, as amended from time to time.