IT Call Center Support Lead - 1827
IT Call Center Support Lead
STV is currently seeking an IT Call Center Support Lead to join our IT Service Desk team in Douglassville, PA. This position reports to the IT Service Desk Manager. The IT Service Desk hours of operation are 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET Monday to Friday and may require the candidate to work shifts within that time period as necessary.
This position will work closely with the IT Service Desk Manager to help lead activities of the service desk, collaborate with other IT groups, and mentor other Service Desk team members. Additionally, the ideal candidate coordinates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots incoming employee calls using industry best practices. Provides support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from company users in STV offices across the country or working remotely. Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of the customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides ticket status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with users. Upholds standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to remote IT support.
Including, but not limited to:
- Field incoming service desk requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including things like name, department, contact information, and detailed nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Install software.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Update knowledge base and generate documentation as needed.
- Perform administration tasks within the IT Service Management platform (reporting, KB, change management, user administration, etc.)
- Be the primary point of contact for the IT Service Desk when the IT Service Desk manager is unavailable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, software, and peripherals including but not limited to:
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Microsoft Teams
- Virtual Desktops (VMWare)
- iPhone / iPad support
- Active Directory administration
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Printers / Copiers
- Working knowledge of a range of PC, network, and system diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
- Associates in Information Technology or related degree or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a medium to large corporate environment.
- Working with a large IT Service Management platform. Ivanti Service Manager a plus.
- Certifications in ITIL and/or Help Desk Institute a plus.
- Experience with engineering applications a plus.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.