Senior Estimator - 2043
STV is a multidiscipline engineering/architectural consulting and construction management company performing over $300 million in revenue annually. STV’s Construction Management Division is a nationwide practice that provides a distinctive range of expertise to clients in both the public and private sectors. Our varied services encompass program, project and construction management, as well as project controls, purchasing and contracting, and fiscal stewardship. Our portfolio within the Construction Management Division includes public works, healthcare, research, commercial, industrial, educational, judicial, institutional, transportation and aviation market sectors.
STV is seeking a Senior Estimator in support of a significant construction project with our Project Controls division in Nashville, TN.
- The primary responsibility of this role is change management, consisting of the development of independent change order estimates, review of contractor change proposals for entitlement and adherence to contracts and negotiations with the contractor in conjunction with the construction management teams leadership.
- The role of Senior Change Order Estimator will require a knowledge of all construction disciplines, construction means and methods and productivity analysis.
- The Estimator is the primary member of the estimating team who has overall responsibility for the creation of budgets and estimates.
- The candidate will be responsible for adherence to established processes and procedures in a fast paced environment.
- Construction cost estimates will range from Conceptual/Parametric through 100% documents during design with detailed estimates during construction for change management.
- Experience in change order evaluation and change order estimating is highly preferred.
- The Estimator will be required to develop cost estimates while also reviewing cost estimates of the team members.
- Verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills are an essential part of this role to coordination with clients.
- Knowledge of the local construction market, labor productivity and the ability to research unit pricing is imperative.
- Advise and assist in recognizing risk on projects being bid. Review and coordinate final pricing methodology.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or equivalent technical training
- Aviation Market Sector experience is preferred
- Estimating accreditation from AACEI, ASPE and CVS from SAVE International are preferred
STV, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sex stereotyping, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital or partnership status, status, reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, performance of duty in a uniformed service, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political party affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence or as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, salary history, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation status, expunged juvenile record, place of residence or business, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.