Project Controls Intern - 1287
Are you interested in spending the summer working with a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental, and construction management services?
STV’s internship program is an important part of STV‘s strategic plan for growth. Our managers work closely with students in an effort to prepare and evaluate them for full time STV employment upon graduation. In addition to meaningful work on many world-class projects, we offer STV’s Intern Development Program to our interns to help them network with one another, to learn some critical professional skills, and to have fun.
Our New York, NY office is seeking an Project Controls Intern with a high GPA and strong computer skills. Previous relevant work/internship experience is a plus.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Entry level duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for training in various departments throughout the organization.
- Performs assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance.
- May perform duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports; assisting professional level employees on assignments; and other related duties as assigned.
- Assignments serve to offer practical experience and broad exposure to the company’s organizational structure.
- Utilizes current company-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
- Specific activities vary by assignment.
- Working towards a bachelor’s or Master’s in a relevant Engineering or Scientific discipline.
- Completion of or enrollment in relevant courses
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, good time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prior internship experience is a plus.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.