Structural Engineer - 1341
Part Time Structural Engineer
Build Your Career at STV
At STV, we not only tackle world-class projects, we also develop employee skills, recognize achievements and offer opportunities for advancement. So, if you’re looking for a rewarding position working for an industry leader, then STV is the place for you.
Grow at STV
Life is an ongoing learning experience, and we want you to continue to grow here at STV. We offer a variety of programs and benefits, from professional development seminars, tuition reimbursement program, a career development program, online education initiatives, and much more to help you expand your knowledge and develop your skills, so you can take your career to the next level with STV.
Take Care of Your Personal & Financial Health
With a wide range of competitive benefit programs, we are committed to helping employees be personally and financially healthy and productive.
We are seeking a Part Time Structural Bridge Engineer with minimum of 15 years of relevant experience for our Atlanta, GA office to work on various design and construction projects. Along with bridge design, you will review design plans and submittals for public infrastructure projects.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design and analysis of new and existing bridges, retaining walls, culverts, temporary shoring, and other structures.
- Bridge load ratings.
- Construction document production, including drawings and specifications.
- Performing bridge condition inspections, preparing bridge inspection reports and other structural investigation reports.
- Review of shop drawings and providing responses to contractor’s requests for information.
- Providing QA/QC of engineer’s computations, designs, or inspection reports.
- Review of various design plans, calculations and construction submittals for projects occurring on or adjacent to the railroad right-of-way.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Strong skills in structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, pre-stressed concrete and timber structures related to transportation.
- Strong working knowledge of various State and local entities specifications and preferences.
- Experience in bridge design, including bridge rehabilitation design. Experience in use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Proficiency using software, such as LARSA, LeapBridge, Risa3d, and STAAD.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills.
- Proven accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Other positive attributes:
- Experience with bridge hydraulics.
- Rail bridge design experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of bridge management database systems.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.