Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (20-111)
Communication solutions designed for the healthcare environment can bridge the security and integration gaps: They can integrate with other solutions and third-party applications, permeating and enhancing clinical workflows. Intended for use in a clinical environment, they are designed to meet the technical and administrative standards required to comply with HIPAA. These systems are created to integrate seamlessly with current operations on any type of device or combination of devices.
Go behind the scenes in Spok's Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video: Transforming an Industry. You'll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You'll also get a feel for our company culture of collaboration, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer will be a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects. The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer will lead teams and direct the work of other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Scrum team to test Spok’s new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Ensure software meets quality standards by designing test methods, driving test planning, monitoring test execution, and issue tracking.
- Participate in Scrum activities, author tests and test automation, perform code reviews, and contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Mentor and direct the work of other team members.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Maintain documentation of test results; analyze test results and recommend resolutions.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 year’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong experience writing and executing tests for native mobile apps for Android and iOS (Gherkin).
- Strong experience designing architecture for Android and iOS app test automation (Appium and Selenium).
- Strong experience developing automated tests for Android and iOS (Java, Kotlin, Swift).
- Experience with Python and PHP
- Experience working with continuous integration tools to monitor test automation (Jenkins).
- Experience writing tests that exercise Cloud based/SaaS applications.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Working knowledge of developing native apps for Android (Java, Kotlin).
- Working knowledge of developing native apps for iOS (Swift).
- Working knowledge of defining requirements in ALMs (Jira, CodeBeamer).
- Working knowledge of performance and scalability testing.
- Experience working on an Agile development team.
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment.
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935