Product Manager (20-138)
Spok is looking for an experienced Product Manager to guide the delivery of our next generation clinical collaboration and communication application. Collaborating with the Product team, business stakeholders, and the Delivery teams, you will tackle complex and challenging problems to optimize user experience by developing innovative product offerings.
As a Product Manager, you will use your healthcare IT background to drive the product strategy for Spok’s Spok Go Platform. You will collaborate with healthcare users to understand their challenges. You will collect and interpret data to make recommendations on strategic product development and marketing of offerings to our healthcare customers. You’ll forecast trends within the healthcare marketplace to align marketing strategy based on your predictions.
This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with the Product Management Team, Marketing, Professional Services, Clinical SME’s, and the other Spok team members to assess and communicate your product strategy. A successful candidate puts the customer first in everything, is highly organized, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and adept at synthesizing information and clearly communicating a product vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Understand customer needs and validate solutions. You will oversee and interpret market research and competitive intelligence to determine ways to competitively enhance product capabilities.
- Understand and support the portfolio. You have strategic thinking and prioritization skills with the ability to develop the roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult trade off decisions.
- Analytical problem solver; able to understand interdependencies of business functions and impacts of decisions.
- Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and processes used in healthcare and enterprise communications.
- Gather inputs, establish direction and formulate the product features for the next version(s) of products. Constant product backlog refinement.
- Define and develop a data-driven (workflow analysis, market segmentation, competitive analysis, customer persona identification) service line strategy.
- Advocate for user / customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with management to recommend pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Define business case including sales projections.
- Assess internal workflows and improve processes to drive efficiency, improve quality and facilitate cohesive development for Spok Go solutions.
- Synthesizes insight from analyses and identify high priority solutions and work cross functionally to drive new product innovation.
- Drive positive and meaningful business growth, including ROI analysis for customers.
- Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to document, and communicate product requirements following Spok’s Jobs to be Done framework.
- Work with Channel team to establish new partnership opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing to develop go to market strategy.
- Host webinars and speak at conference and industry events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years of product management /product development experience, preferably in the digital space
- 5+ years selling, supporting, or developing enterprise solutions
- 10 + years’ experience in enterprise software
- Experience in healthcare IT
- Demonstrated portfolio of user-centric digital experiences with proven, positive impacts to engagement and product value
- Experience working with clients (managing expectation, managing delivery dates)
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams comprised of product directors, technical product managers, other product managers, and engineering
- Ability to absorb and make sense of large amounts of data, information, and perspectives to direct decision making
- Ability to turn complicated inputs into clear, communicable vision
- Outstanding communication skills for all audience types including clients and executives
- An understanding of SAFe with related experience
- Knowledge of current digital web and application standards
- Passion for designing and building an exceptional user experience
- Strong analytical, communication, and influencing skills
- Ability to work in team setting
- Sound business judgment
- Ability to drive for results with minimal guidance
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935