RF Engineer - Missouri (19-252)
Go behind the scenes in Spok's Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video: Transforming an Industry. You'll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You'll also get a feel for our company culture of collaborations, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
The Technical Operations Field Technician provides field support to technical team members and customers alike. Assists junior technicians responsible for the operation and maintenance of radio transmitters, paging terminals and network equipment associated with 1-way and 2-way messaging. Ideal candidate will have field technician experience and a background in radio frequency and electronics.
This is a field-based position located in the St. Louis, Missouri area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, repairs and provides high-level preventative maintenance of 1-way and 2-way paging transmitters.
- Performs testing, system analysis, software upgrades by utilizing local and remote diagnostics. Calculates, measures and aligns systems to meet OET65 and FCC rules and regulations.
- Operates and maintains paging equipment, including satellite systems, with extensive knowledge of software operation and upgrades, network routers, and modems when necessary. Additionally, supports and maintains peripheral devices such as DSU/CSU, multiplexers used in paging systems.
- Oversees advanced testing and troubleshooting expertise for all company Telco facilities. Coordinates repairs with Telco vendors and junior technicians.
- Operates and maintains UPS systems, ensuring batteries and capacity are sufficient to support the systems they supply. Coordinates repairs and interruptions of commercial power to vendors.
- Maintains systems integrity and operations ensuring compliance with FAA, FCC state and local codes.
- Provides written and oral reports on system operations. Maintains logs and “as built” documentation of transmitters and paging terminals.
- Investigates and diagnoses internal and external customer complaints, visits customer locations as needed to ensure system integrity. Assists with technical support to customers and junior level technicians including presentations and training.
- Provides “On Call” assistance on short notice to address any system emergency.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-6 years related experience and/or training
- Previous experience with Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Telecommunications and Electronic packages.
- Strong RF background in radio and electronics.
- Must be able to travel to and from transmitter sites.
- Field experience preferred
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935