Regional Sales Director (RSD) West (19-250)
Spok has a passion for healthcare and a commitment to our core values of communications, innovation, accountability, and putting the customer first. Watch this video: Leading Change in Healthcare and learn how we’re living our company values every day and change the way healthcare communicates. We’re coders, problem solvers, and learners who are helping caregivers act faster, heal bodies and save lives.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will represent, present, demonstrate, negotiate and sell Spok’s suite of solutions to new customers, prospects, consultants, and business partners. Role is focused on new business and enterprise deals.
Reporting to and working with the Regional Vice President, Sales, this position will reach out to business targets for the sole purpose of introducing the complete portfolio of Spok products to an assigned territory through the achievement of opportunity-based sales. This role primarily represents, presents, and demonstrates software applications and sells wireless communications products and services, including paging, advanced messaging, and systems products to current customers, prospects, consultants, and business partners. Additionally, this role will identify expansion opportunities in our existing client base to ultimately build sales pipeline and generate new revenue. He/she will work independently and owns the relationship between the customer and the company to close sales. This position carries a quota tied to achieving bookings goals identified from software expansion, hardware supplies, and maintenance renewals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain accuracy of the sales pipeline, contacts, and activities in Salesforce and other reporting tools.
- Maintain complete knowledge of each account's current and long-term purchase plans and objectives, keeping management informed of all changes in plans, objectives, and key buying influences.
- Develop and maintain consultative sales relationships with all key buying influences in each account, at the executive and senior management levels, and other levels within the customer's organization.
- Demonstrate the entire company solution, services, and hardware portfolio.
- Attend company tradeshows and conferences regionally and nationally.
- Respond to and lead RFP/RFI’s and price systems and configurations.
- Educate and coach business partners, and assist in their prospecting, qualification, proposals, presentations, and closing opportunities.
- Exceed Annual Booking Targets.
- Responsible for increasing revenue and market share within assigned territory.
- Direct sales activities include prospecting, deal qualification, deal velocity, contract negotiations and closing business within net new logos for Spok.
- Establish a relationship with Consultants to help influence opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with key internal resources to ensure successful collaboration to meet customer needs.
- Develop a selling relationship with the Channel Partners.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quota Attainment
- Networking and relationship building
- Pipeline growth
- Territory Plan
- Forecast Accuracy
- Base vs. New Logo Mix
- Key Sales Activities
- Heavy prospecting using phone, email, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Face to Face Meetings (Quality & Quantity)
- Phone Conversations with Prospects (resulting in action)
- Conference Calls
- Discovery Meetings
West Territory: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas (West), Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. In addition, Western Canada; British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba are part of this territory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and five or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Direct healthcare sales experience or experience selling software solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles typically defined as six months or longer with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers, and influencers
- Proven history of large, multi-product enterprise sales greater than $200,000, or previous Spok software sales experience
- Current active contacts with healthcare industry executives within the territory; CMO, CNO, CIO and/or CEO
- Demonstrated understanding of workflow redesign involving technology/software solutions
- Committed to sales methodology such as Helping Clients Succeed, Solution Selling, The Complex Sale, etc.
- Proficient in use of internal systems for accuracy in forecasting (CRM, Salesforce, Quoting tools, etc.)
- Successful record of communicating the business value of strategic software solutions to healthcare executives including CIO, CMIO, CNO, CFO, COO, etc.
- Knowledge of how the ACA, ACO’s, insurance companies and other factors influence decisions that healthcare executives make on their buying of technology
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical workflow in healthcare organizations
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare procurement procedures and sales cycles
- Ability and passion to call suspects, prospects, and leads generated from Marketing
- Robust interpersonal skills with evidence of teamwork and collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers at all levels
- Solid process orientation, demonstrated resource management and allocation experience, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise software at all levels within the hospitals
- Knowledge of PBX, CTI, & VoIP products, LAN/WAN environments, and/or messaging and paging preferred
- Knowledge of emergency notification and call center applications preferred
- High level of product knowledge of critical communications, IT, and competitive products preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude and success in fostering a solid, value-based, and/or Healthcare/IT relationship preferred
- Experience selling on-premise and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
- CRM (Salesforce and Sales Process (Altify) experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935