Clinical Product Manager (20-109)
Go behind the scenes in Spok's Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video, Transforming an Industry. You'll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You'll also get a feel for our company culture of collaboration, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
As a Clinical Product Manager, you will use your clinical or healthcare IT background to drive the clinical product strategy for Spok’s Care Connect Platform. You will collaborate with clinical users to understand their challenges. You will collect and interpret data to make recommendations on strategic product development and marketing of offerings to healthcare service lines. You’ll forecast trends within the healthcare marketplace to align marketing strategy based on your predictions.
This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with the Product Management Team, Marketing, Professional Services, Clinical SME’s, and the other Spok team members to assess and communicate your clinical product strategy. A successful candidate puts the customer first in everything, is highly organized, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and adept at synthesizing information and clearly communicating a product vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Define and develop a data-driven (workflow analysis, market segmentation, competitive analysis, customer persona identification) service line strategy
- Synthesizes competitive information and competitor and product positions to form insightful observations that the business can use to create a competitive advantage
- Define business case including sales projections
- Assess internal workflows and improve processes to drive efficiency, improve quality and facilitate cohesive development for clinical solutions
- Synthesizes insight from analyses and identify high priority clinical solutions and work cross functionally to drive new product innovation
- Packaging and pricing models and compelling field marketing deliverables to drive positive and meaningful business growth, including ROI analysis for customers
- Analytical problem solver; able to understand interdependencies of business functions and impacts of decisions
- Identify high priority clinical solutions and work cross functionally to drive new product introduction.
- Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to document, and communicate product requirements following Spok’sJobs To Be Done framework
- Work with Channel team to establish new partnership opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing to develop go to market strategy.
- Ensure compliance with quality systems, regulatory requirements, and change control process.
- Host webinars, speakat conference and industry events.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's of Science (BS), Bachelor's in Nursing, or equivalent degree with relevant work experience is MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with clinical or patient-facing solutions.
- Experience with clinical workflows
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Deep Product Management/Marketing experience, including market trends/analysis, NPI process product roadmap development, product life-cycle management
- Familiarity with process mapping
- Ability to work independently, organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to the target audience.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, organization and time management skills.
- Asserts ideas, encourages teamwork and acts as a role model when leading and directing others.
- Requires strong judgment and excellent project management skills, understands the purpose and employs the use of a work breakdown structure
- Capable of embracing unexpected change in direction or priority.
- Travel: up to 20%
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935