Senior Environment Artist
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our offices are based in Bromley, UK.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme.
- 4 day work week: Tuesday - Friday
- 20 days of annual leave, equivalent to 5 weeks within a 4 day work week.
- Summer & Winter closure, not taken from holiday allowance - 1st full week of August and Christmas Eve to New Years day.
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process.
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service.
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling.
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader.
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
Whether they are hard surface architectural, mostly organic or a fusion of both, the worlds that the Environment Artists create here at Splash Damage are not only spectacular in terms of their visuals but are lovingly crafted game play spaces.
We trust our Senior Environment Artists to build awe inspiring worlds that play and perform well with high-quality assets that are delivered on time and within the technical specifications required for the game to be performant.
Splash Damage is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Create standalone and modular Environment assets varying in scale and complexity.
- Model assets using reference photographs and concept Art materials.
- Work with the Lead Environment Artist to create high quality environments in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Produce work within performance specifications under strict deadlines.
- Review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Trouble shoot asset errors and action creative feedback.
- Collaborate with other sub-disciplines such as Level Design, Lighting, VFX and Tech Art.
- Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
- An excellent understanding on Unreal 5.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Environment work.
- A strong understanding of shape, form and composition.
- Proven abilities in optimised 3D asset creation.
- Solid experience of PBR workflows.
- Proficiency with industry standard modelling tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya.
- Experience working with Photoshop, Substance Painter.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
Bonus Points for:
- An understanding of the impact of Environment Art on Level Design.
- Skills with supporting software such as Zbrush and Substance Designer.
- A mixture of hard surface and foliage asset modelling skills.
- Set dressing and beautification pass experience.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.