Senior Build / Automation Engineer
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Build / Automation Engineer team are responsible for maintaining and contributing to the build and release infrastructure that underpin our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a Build / Automation Engineer, you will use your knowledge and experience to plan, build and maintain the build pipeline and infrastructure that supports the game from both a development and live service perspective. You have experience working with colleagues from multiple different departments to understand and fulfil requirements for the entire build and release pipeline, from the moment work leaves a developer machine to it reaching the player. You will also be responsible for identifying potential opportunities to expand our build infrastructure, working with support departments to identify, procure and setup resources as required.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and communicate opportunities as well as constraints.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience maintaining, extending and contributing to build pipelines and infrastructure for more than one shipped title.
- Professional experience working with Perforce and TeamCity.
- Professional experience with continuous delivery of updates and content for live games.
- Professional experience with deployment and development on PC, Xbox One and PS4. PlayStation 5 experience is a bonus.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience with any scripting language. (C#, Python pref.)
Even better if you have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Professional experience managing and integrating content delivery networks (CDN).
- Professional experience integrating cloud-based infrastructure within build pipelines (i.e. AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Professional experience working with virtual machines and/or containers.
- Experience integrating automated testing within build pipelines.
- Experience with multiplayer games.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.