Sr Digital Marketing Manager, International
About the opportunity:
The Senior Digital Marketing Manager (SDMM) will report to the Director of International Marketing and have functional reporting lines to the VP of Creative Innovation and Digital Strategy. The SDMM will oversee and be responsible for managing the budget and execution of all paid digital campaigns, including display, remarketing, paid search, affiliate marketing, and referral programs for all 22 international countries outside of the USA (Spartan operates events in 41 countries globally). Partnering with various cross-functional teams, objectives include (but are not limited to), driving race registrations, enhancing brand awareness, increasing shop revenue, and acquiring new leads, all within strong company standards and KPI’s. The SDMM is instrumental in driving the brand forward and owning the digital marketing investment strategy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Regional Marketing Manager team to plan, manage, and execute digital marketing strategies for our franchise partners across paid digital channels to promote their race season.
- Strategize, execute, and optimize campaigns to achieve race registration, Ecomm, and lead gen goals through prospecting/acquisition and retargeting.
- Present digital marketing strategies, performance analysis and best practices to franchise partners to influence the budget allocation and creative decisions.
- Develop processes to guide franchise partners on images, copy, ad types, audience targeting etc., needed to achieve marketing campaign goals.
- Manage the paid digital budget allocations and forecasts, while reporting weekly, monthly, and quarterly on spend and performance.
- Manage multiple external vendors/agencies and track progress on execution across all channels.
- Work closely with the Technology team to own tracking and pixel implementation of digital campaigns.
- Own internal process and playbook development for new go-to-market digital strategies that impact web, email and digital.
- BA required
- 5+ years of relevant paid digital/paid social marketing experience in a B2C environment.
- 5+ years of relevant digital marketing agency management
- Acquisition experience a plus
- Must have the ability to translate customer insights into successful digital campaigns; and a high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to reach consumers.
- Ability to manage paid digital campaign strategy and budget across multiple social channels and products, and able to forecast future digital expenses.
- Strong experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, GTM/pixel management, an affiliate platform such as Linkshare, Microsoft Excel, and attribution tools.
- Understanding of various KPI’s and targets like CPA/CPL/ROAS/ROI/LTV.
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels, with proven success at developing integrated digital campaigns from strategy through execution.
- Up to date on the latest digital ad units, industry best practices, online tools, and trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the international leadership team.
Qualities required of all Spartan team members:
Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must, therefore, possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service minded. Team members at Spartan change lives, and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to our organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and the ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
- Ability to hold one-self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects.
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships.
- Proactive, solutions-oriented, and capable of identifying efficiencies to decrease costs.
- A collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment.