Finish Line Lead - CANADA
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare all finish line products in an effective and organized manner; each bay (opening) under the tent gets a different product, make sure the area looks prepped, clean and inviting for customers/racers to come and gather their items.
- Educate the volunteers of the different tasks they will be asked to do, aid and take care of the volunteers in your zone, provide breaks and snacks when needed.
- Supervise and maintain a throughput that results in little to no lines in the finish line sequence
- Communicate with your Festival Manager if you feel you are going to run low or out of any of the product provided in the finish chute throughout the day
- Manage volunteers and support staff in an efficient and deliberate manner through delegation of tasks.
- Supervise the distribution of product being handed out by the volunteers.
- Supervise the collection of timing chips from racers as they finish.
- Ensure that all bracelets have been removed from the timing chips.
- Clean all timing chips with water- as instructed by the Festival Manager and Festival Lead
- Maintain a clean and trash free zone.
*This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, however, it does not restrict other tasks that may be assigned.
- Be able to supervise 15+ people at one time.
- Be prepared and comfortable with working outside in all severe weather situations.
- Be willing to keep a positive attitude throughout the entirety of Race Day(s).
- Be physically capable of working long hours, 12+ days consecutively.
- Be willing to learn the processes set in place, while maintaining an analytical and problem solving mindset to improve these procedures.
Qualities required of all Spartan team members:
Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must therefore possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service minded. Team members at Spartan change lives, and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to our organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
- Ability to hold one-self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships
- Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product
- Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A valid, updated passport